DBT Diary HD is the world’s most advanced system for keeping DBT notes on a mobile device, and features a robust system for exporting notes for psychotherapist reference.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is a powerful new form of psychotherapy that has been proven by research to help people with borderline personality disorder, spectrum mood disorders, self-injury, abuse and chemical dependency. DBT teaches a wide range of useful skills, emphasizing distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness. DBT is based on Buddhist meditative practice combined with modern psychotherapy research. DBT was developed my Marsha Linehan.
DBT Diary helps you keep a diary of your daily urges, emotions and skills used. One of the challenges of keeping a diary it is easy to forget the exact details of events when you are filling out your diary at night or before a therapy session. The DBT Diary app solves this problem by helping you keep a detailed, accurate diary throughout the day, at the exact time of each event, wherever you are, by using your mobile device.
- - Record Urges, Emotions and Skills (with notes)
- - Review your diary at any time (for example, at your therapy session with your therapist)
- - Email PDF diary reports to your therapists for selectable date ranges
- - Inspiring quotes rotate on the main menu
- - With DBT Diary, a user can record the details of Urges, Emotions, and four Skill categories:
- + URGES: Self-harm, Suicide, Alcohol, Caffeine, Cigarettes, Illicit Drugs, Medications, Eat Unhealthily, Lie, Spend Money, Other
- + EMOTIONS: Agitation, Anger, Disgust, Disassociation, Envy, Fear, Guilt, Jealousy, Joy, Pain, Sadness, Shame, Other
- + SKILLS (EMOTION REGULATION): Be Mindful of Current Emotion, Be Mindful of Positive Experiences, Distract from Worries, Do Short Term Positive Experiences, Engage Higher Power, Exercise, Good Sleep Habits Prepare for Long Term Positive Experiences, Stay out of Emotion Mind: PLEASE MASTER, Other
- + SKILLS (DISTRESS TOLERANCE): Accept Reality: Awareness, Accept Reality: Half-Smile, Act Opposite to Current Emotion. Distract: Wise Mind ACCEPTS, IMPROVE the moment, Make Pros and Cons List, Observe Breath, Radical Acceptance, Self-Sooth with Five Senses, Turning the Mind, Willfullness, Willingness, Other
- + SKILLS (INTERPERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS): Attend to Relationships, Balance Priorities vs. Demands, Balance Wants vs. Shoulds, Build Mastery vs. Self-Respect, Objective Effectiveness: DEAR MAN, Relationship Effectiveness: GIVE. Self-Respect Effectiveness: FAST, Other
- + SKILLS (MINDFULNESS): Be Effective, Be Non-Judgemental, Describe Experience, Do Mindful Breathing, Do Mindful Task, Do One Thing at a Time, Engage Beginners Mind, Observe Experience, Participate in Experience, Other